WTB LAR .50ae- Anyone Seen One?

Alaska Roy

Here in Alaska the LARs have dried up and I'd really like to find a mate to my smaller .45 WM Grizzly. Amybody seen one in their area? Thanks, Roy

Shiro- Who has it F/S??

I just missed one at GNG about a month ago that was an experimental all stainless! One of the Gold brothers snagged it, thanks..Roy

Hi AK Roy... I'd have told you on the QT but no e-mail listed for you. It was at Gunrunners on Diamond blvd about 2 weeks ago. I'm pretty sure it was a .50. I noticed it had a compensator on the front.. looked like the single chamber one the IPSC guys like. I'm thinking they wanted...$1600 which would make me cough up a lung but hey thats' me ;)

I'm really really interested in a .45 win mag one myself but I've never shot one and I can't find any in good shape nearby. Even ones in bad shape stores want tooo much for them. Heck I reload so ammo wouldnt' be that bad... and It would make me Colt Delta Elite ashamed.

:)

shiro

PS I saw a mark 4 in .44 mag out in Eagle River last week if that interestes you.

Hmm. Pretty Weird Stuff-

Weird as I get email from all the threads I post on and some hate mail to boot! Thanks for the tip, I'll chase down the "commune guy" tomorrow, I gave him that nickname when he (Neils) first opened on Spenard and had several families living in the back along with some dogsand a wild fox.
Shiro,if you wanna shoot a .45 Win Mag. LAR, I've got two and ammo to burn. Rabbit Creek or Waltons, I'm in Anchorage weekly anyhow stocking and running..Roy

Shiro - Did you see the LAR F/S

In todays Anchorage Daily News....he's asking $700.00 cheap! Rabbit willbe a messc this weekend because it's rceserved for the annual hunter safety classes, weekday or weekend best? Roy

Had maybe 5 of the Grizzley's. One was in 50 AE. That gun REALLY ejects the spent cases. Use to pull them out of the woodwork at the shooting range literally.

thanks Roy i saw that one. Hmm depends on the weather if its really bad I'll be good weekend or weekday. I may go down to Homer this week for a a few days. Weekend is probably best. I was down there for the hunter thing this week It wasn't too croweded but it's your call.

shiro

LARgrizz1b.jpg

LARgrizz2b.jpg

;)

$750 w/ TWO mags

He he now if I only had .45 dies

GOD I want to shoot it.

Hey Kennith tell me all you know about them. I can't find any and I mean any info on these huge 1911's. They are really well built though.

shiro

PS I wonder if now the mods will realize this belongs in the semi forum.

And A CZ Fan Too?

LAR trivia, the mags tend to dent from the bullet noses with heavy loads so I keep a couple spares andm use the dented ones at the range. The feed fine but drag coming out of the gun. Those are Millet sights and for a while they offered nite sights for the LAR. Main spring pins seem to have a short life with warmer loads but they're cheap, same as 1911. Like you said, the .45acp dies work fine. The LAR is a bit big so on mine I used the Ed Brown grip safetys and undercut the rear of the trigger guard then checkered the front strap then rounded the trigger guard from that big square. Checkered micartas replaced the Pachs..
Accuracy with both is on the level with a hand tuned Gold Cup only way more reliable in function..Roy

where did you find grips for it? Regular 1911 grips are too thin. Uggh the mags are expensive as heck too.

I may not shoot it for a while as I choke on the price of factory ammo and don't reload .45 YET.

shiro

Stocks, Grips, Grip panels etc-

Shiro, you bought it? I found mine at (Yikes!) WWGs on Old Seward hanging on the wall! I hate to send anyone to Wests place but Jim had them so had to buy them.
I loaded up some 250 XTps today on the 550B with too much H-110 and will clock some Wednesday at Rabbit round 1PM, Rod the Rangemaster knows me and the big bores I shoot. Should I bring the Linebaughs and a Casull or two?
Rumour has it there's a place down south that has replacement mags, firing pins and extractors..Roy
I've got some 250s, 185s and some 300 gn casts loaded up. Welcome to the big bores! Roy

If thats an invite I accept.

Hey AK Roy are you that guy I see there shooting the SA Lindbaughs who was complaining about the way his wrists hurt? LOL No wonder!

I thought his name was monte or some such.

I'll do my best to be there.

shiro

Back