WTB: Headspace gauge and sniper scope

johnb593

Inactive
For one of my M48's. I believe the "Field" headspace gauge is what I need plus I'd like to put a good repro scope on it (also on one of my K98's). Should go very well with my Mosin Nagant sniper. Recommendations and assistance will be greatly appreciated!:)

You want your bolt to close on the "go gauge" but not the no-go gauge. If it closes on the "field" gauge, then you've too much headspace and need the barrel set back a bit. Your gunsmith can do this for you. It's actually easy, but if you do it yourself, you should remove the extractor from the bolt (which isn't hard either).

Repro sniper scope should be compatible with the scope mounting system you buy. Be advised that a lot of these repro scopes and mounts are made in the Workers' Paradise.

Thanks for the input. I'm thinking about one of the Leatherwood made scopes which seem to be well made (in the USA I THINK). I'll get the needed gauges and see how they do for the headspace. Input on those scopes would be appreciated before I order one. :)

Back