WTB Hawthorne Viking 12ga pump barrel

Status
Not open for further replies.

XDS45IWB

Inactive
I have an old Montgomery Wards 12ga pump (Hawthorne Viking). It's in great shape, light and easy handling, and shoots well. It's not worth anything $$ wise, so I'm thinking of tinkering with it to make it a home defense gun. Problems is it's a fixed full choke. I'd like to find a short (18") cylinder bore barrel, and retain the original barrel as is.

Anyone have any idea where I could find another barrel for this?
It cross references with:
Manufrance-LaSalle, Colt Custom, Hawthorne, Viking, Stoeger #7, H&R 440,Marlin Premier, Kodiak #458. Firearms International Etc

Go to e-gunparts.com and check out the H&R 440 and see if what you have matches. My cross-reference is kinda thin on the make you mentioned. If yours matches they show a few spare barrels in stock. Goat

I'm not sure why you think it cross references to so many different manufactures. For example I believe the only Hawthorne Colt furnished to Wards was the Colteer ( .22 ), no pump shotguns, could be wrong. I believe your shotgun is an import made by Manufrance ( your La Salle ) If may have been imported by others but that is no identification. The new H&R 440 is imported from China ( or was ) and I believe the old 440;s were US made. If Manufrance, then you very well have a hard time finding a original barrel for your shotgun. Manufrance has been gone for quite a while. Good luck with your quest.

Last edited:
XDS45IWB said:
I have an old Montgomery Wards 12ga pump (Hawthorne Viking). It's in great shape, light and easy handling, and shoots well. It's not worth anything $$ wise, so I'm thinking of tinkering with it to make it a home defense gun. Problems is it's a fixed full choke. I'd like to find a short (18") cylinder bore barrel, and retain the original barrel as is.

I'd just cut to the chase, and shorten the existing barrel to 18-1/2", thereby removing the full choke and creating the HD gun.

Hawthorne Viking 12 ga barrel

I have a Hawthorne Viking No. 455, Full Choke, 28" Pump Shotgun Barrel new in box. $20 plus shipping.

I know this is a very old post, I am interested in the barrel ALABAMA53

He had that barrel over six years ago, and hasn't ever posted anything else on TFL since that one post. This is the reason we discourage reviving old threads, as the people and items in them are seldom around years later.

Suggest you start a new thread, to get current responses.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back