WTB: 870 BBL rifle sights with choke - where to get it? ideas?

a-bolt

I have an 870 Express with 28" Vent rib bbl. now but I want one suitable for deer and perhaps home defense.

I want an additional bbl. with 'deer rifle sights' AND removable screw in chokes. NO CYLINDER BORE ONLY BBLS!

I ask you folks; please reccomend where i can get one of these for the lowest cost. I would consider other brands if they are quality and inexpensive.

I checked Cabellas and Brownells and both have these bbls made by Rem. but perhaps you folks know what I dont.

Where, how much and what should I be looking for?

thanks.

PS. I got a cylinder bore one from sportsman's guide and it was advertised as having removable chokes... but when i got it it was fixed cylinder bore hence the $99.99 bargain price. i dont want to make that mistake again.

The bbl on my Deer 870 has RS,Remchokes,and runs 20" long. it was a standard catalog item and I got it 90-93.

The difference in groups between my chokeless HD 870 with its lengthened forcing cone and the Rem choked bbl with proper slugs run MAYBE 1/2" tighter for the deer 870 at 50 yards, and buck groups are similiar.That is,once I pull the rifled tube and put in a IC or Skeet tube.

At HD ranges, choke is a moot point. At the longest distance possible in my house plus one yard, patterns run about 3-5 inches or less, regardless of choke or lack of same.

At typical deer hunting ranges where I hunt, shots run less than 50 yards, so a smoothbore with the best slug will do.

Also, since you do have a bbl, consider having it threaded for tubes,this will run a bit less than a new bbl,probably.

Hope this helps...

Back