write a letter to Anne Landers

Shutoku Shia

How about a letter writing campaign to various influential media personalities such as Anne Landers? I like to read her column and I have read that her column is one of the most widely read columns in the U.S.

She is very anti-gun and do occasionally, blame the presence of guns as causing crimes and violence. But in other matter, she seems quite reasonable. I am wondering if enough of us wrote to her a very courteous letter pointing out that (1) guns in legal hands does reduce violent crimes and (2) without firearms, there is no other *EFFECTIVE* means of self-defense, hence, gun control is in essence, a civil rights violation, as well as a constitutional violation.

I bet we can make a difference if enough of us wrote to her in a rational, polite manner and with authority, pointed her to various resources such as

"More Guns, Less Crime : Understanding Crime and Gun-Control Laws (Studies in Law and Economics)"
by John R., Jr. Lott.

Shutoku Shia
San Jose, California

[This message has been edited by Shutoku Shia (edited October 12, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Shutoku Shia (edited October 12, 1999).]

I have written so many letters to Dear Abby and her sis, Ann Landers, on the subject of gun control, I can't even recall. Never have I gotten any answer, and I don't seem to have changed her mind, either.

Back