WOW! The M57 is an awesome pistol

deerslayer303

Well after I spent a great deal of time cleaning the M57's I took them to the range with a box of the old surplus ammo. These things are super accurate. I could not believe how good they did even with that ancient ammo. No Fail to feed, fire, or eject. I did have 2 click bangs with the old ammo, but what do you expect @ 90 bucks for 1260 rounds lol. On another note the only other problem I had was one of the 4 magazines will not hold open after the last round is fired, and for the life of me I don't see anything wrong with it. But all in all I like these things alot. If you are thinking about adding one of these to your collection I say go for it, they're a great quality firearm!

deerslayer303<<<<<<<<<<<... MIL SURP ADDICT, IS THERE A SUPPORT GROUP FOR MY CONDITION???

Good to here you're liking the m57. I filled out the c&r app today finally, gonna send it off in the morning......I plan to order the M57 the second my license comes in. I've always found the Tokarev round strangely appealing. Where did you order yours from?

That was a good field report on the M57.
Thanks, I have looked at the pictures of them, and like the way they are made.
The M57 looks like it would be fun to shoot, and also make a good self defense firearm.

They are very appelaing, unfortunatley I am in California.
So I would have to.

1. Find a local FFl that is willing to do a transfer.
2. Pay the FFL, their transfer fee have them send their FFL to the seller.
3. Pay the seller the cost + shipping (to the FFL) of the pistol.
4. Wait for said pistol to arrive (at the FFL).
5. Upon arrival, go back to the FFL and pay to have the DROS paperwork done, fill out the DROS paperwork and go home.
6. After 10 days, go pick up my pistol, which has now increased in cost 20% and taken an extra 3 weeks to assume.

I'll stick with my C&R rifles/shotguns.

Mine sucked ass. I want to try and put a new barrel in, there's no telling how much lead has gone down the barrel before I aquired mine.

Accuracy = terrible, borderline unsafe. This thing drops more than a foot past a few yards and sometimes the bullets fly off to the side. It's not the ammo either, I've used all kinds.

My input is that these are not all quality pistols once the barrels are "burnt out" although the gun is solid and probably won't blow up after 2000+ rds like the alleged CZ52's.

I bought them from Wideners.

"Mine sucked ass. I want to try and put a new barrel in, there's no telling how much lead has gone down the barrel before I aquired mine."

Alot of these guns saw nothing but corrosive ammo so the bores could be shabby. What does the bore of yours look like? Is it shiny? Is rifling extremely worn? I'm curious as to why its slingin bullets all over the place.

I've got the same issue Finlog, and I've done the math and Driving over to AZ doesn't make sense either and its not much of a vacation spot for Californians.

Alot of these guns saw nothing but corrosive ammo so the bores could be shabby.

Just to make this clear: Corrosive ammo doesn't ruin a barrel. Improper cleaning (or lack of timely cleaning) after shooting corrosive ammo will cause damage.

essohbe - I'm also curious as to the visual appearance of the bore. I've never seen a Tok shoot that poorly. Did you buy it from a surplus dealer online or was it a face to face purchase?

Last edited:
I've bought two: one from Gander Mountain and one from Wideners. Both appear new, and function without a hitch with both supplied magazines. Accuracy is as good as me: a full mag group that I can cover with my hand at 50 ft. For $199, I feel I got a real bargain....twice. So, I don't know what to say except I'm enjoying my good luck. If I got one that performed so poorly that the best thing I could say is that it "sucked", then I'd send it back and ask for a replacement. There's no reason to accept a shoddy example. From what I can see, you can get a near-new pistol for less than $200.

What does the bore of yours look like? Is it shiny? Is rifling extremely worn? I'm curious as to why its slingin bullets all over the place.

It's not mirror bright but it's not terribly worn either. It's got a little dark luster to it and the lands look a little worn to me, just based on comparison to other bore's.

Back