Wouldn't it be nice....

SJCbklyn

.....if one of the major scope manufactures made a 30mm tube scope with simple crosshairs and tactical/adjustable turrets for under $700. Magnification in the normal ranges......3x-9x.........4x-12x. 40 or 50 mm objective
Don't think I'm asking for too much but since my research has turned up nothing, apparently I am asking for too much.

Leupold VX-R scopes come in the power ranges you want with CDS turrets. I prefer the low profile exposed turrets over the large tactical style especially on hunting rifles. There are several simple recticles to choose from as well in the VX-R rifle line.

Won't ever be under $700 with the word 'tactical' anywhere near the thing. Marketing terms are like that. It's what they're for.
The term 'tactical' adds a couple hundred to the price of anything it's attached to as well. And simple cross hairs aren't considered 'tactical'.

Good news! They do!

Check out Weaver Super Slam Euro models. 30mm tube, really nice Japanese glass, the adjustment knobs pull up to unlock for finger turn changes, they come with dual X or German #4 crosshairs (some are illuminated), they are offered in 1.5 to 6 up to 6 to 20, and they are all under $700.00 street price.

I have two and absolutely love them for the value per dollar they give me.

BTW they essentially have the same line over in their tactical glass, but the mil dot reticles and such takes the price up a little to about $850.00 with the 34mm tube model going over $1000.00.

Last edited:
Back