Wouldn't it be nice...

Nightcrawler

...if some enterprising firearms manufacturer managed to obtain a license build functional replicas of the Mauser C96 (semiauto only, of course, and without the shoulder stock)? I don't know if they make 7.63mm ammo anymore, but certainly a 9x19 pistol fed with stripper clips would be nice. Just out of curiosity, if the magazine isn't detachable, does the capacity ban still effect it? The reason I don't think so is you can buy brand new leverguns that hold 11+1.

Heck, they could also modernize it a little bit, use some synthetics to make it light and well-balanced, chamber it in .40, .45, 10mm, .357 Sig, .22LR, .380, and what have you. Maybe even different barrel lengths. Standard 5.5", plus shorter lengths. And, a carbine conversion kit with a 16" barrel and attachable shoulder stock.

Well, I'd buy one, anyway. :D

Plus, they could have the DELUXE KIT, which would include:

The pistol.
A pack of 20 stripper clips.
The carbine kit.
A cleaning kit.

Sell this for under a thousand dollars, too. (yeah, right, but it'd be nice). If this pistol was quality hardware, I think it would sell. Noteriety can be powerful.

Yeah, and you could put a scope on it, a goofy looking silencer on it and shoot only tracers, then you could have Han Solo's blaster. :D

Back