Would you pay for weekly updates on lowest ammo prices?

Joseph

My little entrepreneurial brain is at work here, and I had an idea this morning.

I have already put together a spreadsheet on Excel which helps me organize ammo prices by dealer, as a way of finding the lowest price, including shipping/handling, etc. I have sent this spreadsheet off to a few of you, and anyone who wants it should just drop me a line. Glad to send it.

However, the idea this morning was whether anyone would pay a fee to receive a weekly list, via email, of the best current prices for handgun rounds by dealer, brand and quantity. Maybe I could even talk some dealers into special pricing for list subscribers. Who knows?

Anyway, what do ya'll think. Would you use it? Would you pay for it? If so, how much would seem reasonable?

Thanks for your thoughts.
Roon

[This message has been edited by Joseph (edited January 11, 2000).]

It's a neat idea, but I don't think I'd pay for it. I bought my first issue of Shotgun News the other day, and had the best time flipping through it. If I ever need to order ammo, THAT will be the first place I look.

I found 1000 S&B 9mm 115 gr ammo for $119.00. I find that to be a great price. I'll have to try ordering online some day.

Ben

------------------
AOL IM: BenK911
ICQ # 53788523
"Gun Control Is Being Able To Hit Your Target"

A nice idea, but I'm not sure you could get much for it...

I buy 1000 - 2000 rounds a month, mostly 9mm, but sometimes also .40 and .45. I can find low prices by checking out several websites and by looking at Gun List and Shot Gun News.

To be viable, your service would probably have to include a WIDE RANGE of calibers and bullet types... and the monthly charge would have to be pretty darned low.

Unless your (found) prices were substantially lower than what I can find -- by checking a couple of known providers who advertise low prices -- and unless your monthly charge was much lower than the difference, it simply wouldn't be worth while to me.

Hmmm, not doing too well here.

Let's try this: $5 for 3 months worth of emails. Does that create any interest??

I'm with House.. If you can find 357 Sig CCI Blazers (IN STOCK) for about $9 a box and reasonable shipping charges, I'll send ya $5 tomorrow :)

I would suggest that most sites that do this sort of thing (usually for computer hardware/software and electronics, that sort of thing) work on an advertising model. You need to investigate the world of banner advertising.

Take a look at killerapp.com for an example of a site that does this in the PC world.

Natchez, 800-251-7839, has CCI Blazer .357 Sig 125 Gr. TMJ for $8.40 per box if you buy ten boxes. Is this what you are looking for?

Thanks Cawdor.. They just RARELY have it in stock :)

Be great if it was a regularly stocked item.. CCI must be crappy when it comes to production !

Back