Would you buy this? Colt Defender 20ga?

By the time you get the barrel bundle out to 18" and a butt on it to 26" OAL, it will be awful bulky. I don't think there is much of a market for a modern Nock Volley Gun as a SBS.

FWIW, I don't believe anybody can buy one, since they're not made.

The design was first conceived by firearm genius Robert Hillberg in 1967, and fired 20 ga 3″ magnum shells.

By 1971 Hillberg’s, with no LE sales, the design's were shelved and have been in limbo ever since - which means somebody would have to purchase the patent & gear up for production.

Last edited:
While I don't have any practical use for that thing, it does seem like it'd be fun to shoot and a good conversation piece while showing your buds your gun collection. I'd definitely get one if I could.

It would be fantastic fun if such a scattergun were devised, if only to see the fits of apoplexy that would ensue from Feinstein and her ilk.

I would love to see the ROF on that thing. since if I read it correctly its just DA trigger in there. WOW someone get S&W on the phone and have Mr. J. M. come over here we got some records to set! ;)

Back