would taurus 24/7 work for USPSA

coolridelude

i have a tuarus 24/7 in 9mm and it holds 17rds per mag. there is a range that has USPSA. would it work or should i sell it and get another gun.
what catagory would it be in?

i know i should call, but i am intrested. and i am still in school when i am writing this.

Get several magazines, carriers, holster, and enter in Production. You only get ten in the magazine plus one in the chamber to start with, and are scored at Minor (even if you weren't shooting 9mm) but everybody is treated the same. Don't sink a lot of money until you have tried it out.

I agree with Mr. Watson.

Use what you already have for a few matches at least. Then if you decide you want something different, you will know better what that might be.

The only restrictions for holsters are that they completely cover the trigger and if there is any kind of retention device such as a retaining strap or thumb break, it must be used. An open top holster is best.

I started with a cheap Uncle Mikes holster with the retaining strap removed. It worked just fine.

Again, don't spend a bunch of money just yet. Look around and see what you can find cheap.

In addition to Production, you can also shoot Limited (using your 17rd mags) or Limited-10 (same thing, just using 10rd mags). Check with your club about the feasibility of shooting more than one class at a single match.

Take a look at what other competitors are using and ask plenty of questions. Good luck!

mentoring....

Don't worry about that crap (scoring, Division, gear) just go, watch, ask, listen, learn.

Your current gun, while maybe not ultimate for the 'game', may still be sufficient if your skills allow it.
Often you can borrow gear until you know better what you want (we do it alla time at our club -- friendly bunch).

But don't wait! Go now! Get started sooner!
'Cause it's fun :D

www.uspsa.org
A33102

Back