Would most black folks find "Black Guns Matter" offensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

desibaba

On Facebook there is a gentleman by the name of Maj Toure (who happens to be an African American himself) promoting "Black Guns Matter".

http://bearingarms.com/jenn-j/2016/07/06/black-guns-matter-powerful-message-for-the-black-community/

I am under the impression that he is trying to save the AR15. I was in my local gun store and found this "Black guns Matter" T shirt there so I bought it. Wore it to the gym which is fairly mixed and I saw some looks given to me which didn't seem very friendly. I definitely don't want to offend anyone and I wouldn't wear it to the gym again if that is the case but I'm not sure what is the case. Is it a bad idea to wear this shirt in this day and age?

I've used those very words as a bit of a joke.

I would not find the t-shirt to be the ideal medium for persuasive speech. Whether someone would be dull witted enough or bloody minded enough to express their own internal emotional state will turn on where you wear it.

You consider whether you want to invite people to speak with you by dressing that way.

Just my opinion,this thread is less about firearms than it is about a hot button social issue.
IMO, a cost benefit /risk management look at whether the discussion should continue points to not much positive and mostly negative.

I tend to reject being PC,but there is no future in walking around barefoot looking for something unpleasant to step in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back