would like some opinions on my choices in shot guns

zip

heres what i have i would like to know everyones ideas on the quality and usefulness of these choices that i have made and what the best uses of each would be
1.nef single shot 12.ga 28in.bbl
2.mossberg 500 six shot pump ,wood stocks 28 in.bbl/plus 18.5 in.bbl
3.mossberg 500 8 shot pump 20 in.bbl black composit stocks

------------------
oneshotonekill

1.) Kicks. Kicks hard. You may be better off with a 20 GA. Decent value for the price though if it suits your needs. Mine(H&R) gave good service for years.
2.) Can't comment. I went with a Rem 870.
3.) See number 2

------------------
CCW for Ohio action site.
http://www.ofcc.net

NEF kicks like a mule but is rather handy, when you only have one round you learn to shoot faster and more acccurate. I'd probably go with a 26" barrel though and i'd probably go with a 20 gauge to.

As for the Mossy go with the combo gun, it holds 6 in the gun, add a sidesaddle and maybe a stock shell holder and the 18.5" barrel and your ready for home deffense and rabbit hunting. Throw on the long barrel and put in the stick Mossberg calls a plug and you can go bird hunting.

The 8 shot is OK but it is pretty limited in the deffens market, if you want a deffense gun buy the 590 A1 it will do a better job.

I'm with Hal though I prefer my 1187, and 870 set up's. The Mossberg is a good gun for the money but Iprefer Remingtin products.

Back