Would like info on Brevex (?) actions

Sub MOA

Was at the gunshow this weekend and a gentleman had a small collection of high end rifles on his table. One rifle in particular had me mesmerized. It was a .416 Rigby on on Brevex (sp?) action. The rifle was georgeous and the action was very substantial looking. I said to the guy, "I'm afraid to ask how much" knowing this was an expensive piece. "$5,250" was his reply. He must have seen my eyes open wide because her proceded to explain that the action alone was worth ~$3,000 and they hadn't been made in about 50 years. Not ever having heard or seen such a thing before all I could do listen. Can anyone shed some light on this rifle/action? I could/would never spend this much on a rifle no matter how big a lottery I won, but I came home wanting to know more. What makes this rifle/action so expensive besides the fact that it sounds like a supply and demand situation? Any history, specs., or other pertinent information would be appreciated.

TIA for any help,
Sub

Brevex is a high quality action.production was always limited .. lots of hand work , most made before cnc machines . most likely was a double square bridge and definitely a true magnum size. such actions are still made , although I am not sure if Brevex is still around, prices are in the $3 to 5 thousand range.sorry for the limited info , but I don't have my reference books handy..

cmore,

If you get a chance to check your references I'm still curious and would appreciate it. Did a search a few days ago here on TFL and only came up with a couple hits. Was thinking I might just e-mail the fellow who made reference to it in his post.

Sub

Back