Would like a HiPower in 40SW....which one?

Rmf33

Hi all,
I <i>still</i> want a BHP in 40 (not a 9mm fan); which do you all like best and why?
Bob

I really like my 95 model Mk III standard. Nice sights, bigger ambi safety, nice finish. I have the Pachmyr wrap around grip w/ finger grooves on it as my hands are kind of big. A friend of mine had a .40 Practical a few years ago...it was VERY nice.

The basic parts are the same, the guns only look different. I bought the Practical because the price was right. In this case get what you like the looks of best, they will handle the same and you can change grips around to get the feel you like.

Being something of a traditionalist when it comes to gun finishes, I personally prefer the Standard with its polished blue finish and walnut stocks. But the Practical and the MK III are also good guns, and I'd be happy with any of them. :)

If you ever choose to send it to Novak or Cylinder and Slide you'll find that their prices are cheaper for custom work on the MKIII models. If you're planning to do that sort of project, the MKIII is the cheapest starting point also.

I've heard that on some models there can be a problem with the SN not being stamped deeply into the frontstrap, causing refinishing problems (the finish covers up the SN).

My favorite BHP finish: Silver Chrome. My second favorite is the polished blue Standard, which, however, requires greater care to prevent rust.

Back