worth of 1950's browning .22

blawton

Inactive
Looking to find out as much as I can about a rifle I was just given( it used to be my grandfather's , so there's no way Ill sell it ). There is no designation on the rifle, but it is a semi-auto, bottom ejection, holds 11 round in the butt-stock. It's serial # is 2t45918. The bluing is in pristine condition, the stock has 1 bad ding in it. Any clues as to what I have(model,year,etc), as well as approx. value would be greatly appreciated.

Moved to Harley's Institute for Firearms Research Forum.

------------------
Schmit
GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

If it loads via a hole in the middle of the right-side buttstock you have the model simply known as the .22 semi-auto. This firearm has been made for Browning since 1914 (1914 - 1976 by FN, 1976 - present by Miroku). The FN version has more collector interest than the Japanese version. Sorry but I don't have a serial number breakdown on this.

Those little .22s can run up to about $500 in new (about unfired) condition, but drop off fast, so one in 70% will bring only $165 or so. How much the dent takes off depends on how bad it is and where it is, but I would think the value of your rifle would be around $200-250 if the dent is not too bad.

Jim

Back