worn out ruger

bullfrog99

has anyone ever worn out a ruger bearcat revolver, or should they, like most ruger guns, be lumped int the undestructable catagory.

Anecdotally, I have never heard of anyone wearing out a Ruger. I have heard that they are tack drivers. If you cannot find your hammer grab your Ruger by the handle and use it to drive the tack. In all seriousness though, they build a tank of a gun!
I believe quite a few ranges that rent guns use Rugers due to their ruggedness.

I only own one Ruger product, a MkII with 7 7/8" barrel .22LR semi-auto.

I have put brick after brick of high velocity ammunition through it, and it is still every much the pistol it was when I purchased it new.

Good luck.

I don't know of anyone who has fired a Bearcat or Super Bearcat enough to even begin to wear one out. They are neat little plinkers, but are just not the type of gun to get a lot of wear, like a target pistol will.

Jim

Since most of what gets shot through mine is Aguila Colibris for indoor plinking, I anticipate the gun will wear out sometime in September of 2112. ;)

'IF' you only keep the screws tight......a human cannot live long enough to wear out 'most' Ruger models of handguns-Bearcats included.
You did not ask for the 'next' comment--you get it anyway!
My SBH has been shot side by side with my N frame 357 since 69'
THey are getting broken in now.
My Speed Six is a youngster,only not quite 20 yrs old.
It hasn't shot but 1000 rounds of 357 each six months.
I don't shoot it as much as the others since I CCW it.
It should last for my great-great grand baby girl to train on.
Oh yes my 15 yr old girl loves the Ruger and Smith and Wesson 'trainers'.
I am a very good Dad!
Don Mallard

Daddy Don, I predict that because you are involved in your 15-yr old girl's life, and because you have taught her that her actions result in consequences (and because she is a shooter, therefore a good person), we will not see her in our juvenile detention center or in our adult jail.

Good job!!

Back