World Shooting Championship

Jay24bal

I searched for the topic, but did not find anything so I wanted to start a new thread, if this is a duplicate, I apologize.

I am signed up for this years World Shooting Championship as an amateur. It is the second year the NRA is doing the event. It seems like a very interesting event. Basically, as an amateur, you pay $325 to enter, and you shoot 12 stages of pretty much all disciplines (SASS, bullseye, F Class, USPA, 3 gun, 5 stand, etc), and all guns, ammo, and gear are provided (from some big name sponsors such as Sig, Colt, Surgeon, Nighthawk, Schmidt & Bender, etc.). They boast total prizes of over $250,000 ($25,000+ prize table for amateurs, the rest for the pros).

I am wondering if anyone here participated in the inaugural event last year? What were your thoughts about it? Would you do it again? Was it a good time?

I am already registered, so your answers will not sway me either way. It is not that expensive, it is only a 4.5 hour drive for me, and I get to shoot 12 matches side-by-side with the best pro shooters in the world with some high end gear and gain exposure to other shooting disciplines I have never even thought about. I have no delusions of grandeur of winning the thing, but I hope it is a good time. At the least, I get away from work for 4 days, and shoot.

WSC

Where and When?
I ask because The National Championship matches are scheduled for July and August at Camp Perry in Ohio.
Pete

PS - Got it. Glengary, WV 9/24 - 9/26 Seems like a lot of shooting to do in just three days.

Last edited:
it does sound like a lot of fun (when isn't shooting fun?) and the fact that they provide the guns and the ammo makes the price seem pretty reasonably. I didn't check out the web sight yet but I bet it will be a pretty high round count and if you don't have all the different guns required for all the disciplines that makes the fee even more reasonable. Personally I would have to borrow a shotgun, an "F" class gun, and the SASS handguns minimum. I'm gun poor, having only my IDPA gun, a 30-30 deer rifle and an AK that would be used in this type match.

Back