Working on a Thompson single shot .308 pistol..

Gunslick

"Helping" a friend fix one of these. You cock it and the hammer just drops, super easy fix so I got the parts on order and am gonna help him fix it. It's such a cool gun although single shot it would be a good hiking gun. He has a few different caliber barrels and different recievers for it. I have never even held one of these before today.

Do you realize that TC has a lifetime warranty? as long as the encore wasn't buggered up by a kitchen table gunsmith they will cover the repairs.

edit: you might want to ask the mods to move this to the general handgun forum, since TC encores aren't semi autos.

Also there was a trigger adjustment screw you could mess with to make the pull lighter. As I recall you could over do it and get the response you describe.

Years ago my son-in-law had a friend who had a .308 Winchester built on a bolt action pistol. Impressive as all heck around the muzzle when fired, muzzle blast and all. Down range not so much so. He did have a Thompson Contender in .30-40 Krag that was much more impressive, a dandy varmint gun.

Bob Wright

I've got 3 complete Contenders:
8" Octagon 44 Magnum, open sights
10" Octagon 25-35 Winchester, 4x scope
10" Bull barrel 357 Maximum, 2x scope
Awesome guns from another time.

Back