WOOHOO M39 Sako on the way!

deerslayer303

My Sako M39 is on the way! Cant wait to see what I get. I hate this anxiety I get when ordering a rifle online. Its kinda like a crap shoot!! Seems most M39s are in great shape so we shall see.

Congrats!

I'm assuming you ordered it from Classic Arms?

They great guns (I've had one for several years) mine's a tack driver.

Yeah sure did. Their video said they got that stock from a private collection. Talk about a good investment. But WAIT Mosins will never go up in value they said. Tell that to the private collector who just made bank selling the rifles he sat on for years..................................drops mic [emoji3]

Dang, on Classic's sight some of the pictures of the M39s show them looking great and other very rough looking.

Since the handpick option is gone, OP, I'd imagine your rifle will probably be on the lower end of the cosmetic scale. Should be a fine shooter though.

Excellent, you were smart to do that.

No way I would buy one without the hand pick. Without a doubt they show some rough ones on the product pages, for both the Sako and VKT rifles.

Yeah sure did. Their video said they got that stock from a private collection. Talk about a good investment. But WAIT Mosins will never go up in value they said. Tell that to the private collector who just made bank selling the rifles he sat on for years..................................drops mic

Bunch of marketing crapola...
Classic (and another vendor that took a chunk of them) bought most of the Burns collection that's been around for decades since they bought all of the surplus M39's from Finland. "Private collection"...still the Burns'....

There is NOTHING new about this cache of M39's- absolutely, nothing.

The Burns' decided to cash out, obviously making less than they would have had they kept selling them individually.
Pat Burns'website (used to have a lot of M39's):http://gunsnammo.com/

Still selling on GB under "milstuff", probably kept some of the best ones...

Do a search... Classic took a LOT of heat when they first started selling these- sending out rifles in poor condition with cracked stocks and other major defects. They took more than a few back. I hope they've resolved the issues.

They are usually pretty quick. With all the sales they had they have a post on their site about shipping delays. I haven't gotten an email that mine has shipped yet.

My "hand select" rifle still has not shipped. Now the site says hand select is out for the M39 Sako. My order says "ready for picking and packing'. So since I got my order in withing 10 minutes of them sending the email that the M39s were back in stock, did they pick out my rifle then or what? Man the Anxiety of this is getting to me. I'm toying woth what I will accept and what I will not and send it back.

I just got home with my M39! I am a VERY happy camper. The rifle looks fantastic. No cracks in the stock, no unusual wear and tear. Just the normal dings and arsenal plug repairs. The metal looks great with alot of bluing left. I don't really see any bare metal. I will know more when I degrease it. It's just a light coating of grease, not caked in cosmoline. The rifling is strong, I don't really see any pits or corrosion in there. Again I will know more when it's cleaned up. The rifle also HAS NOT been counter bored. Which I saw that some coming from classic were. I'm super happy with it. Boy was I expecting the worst.

Are they really that much better than a 91/30? It feels like a great rifle and that trigger is sweet has a good amount of take up but a crisp clean break.

Finally got around to cleaning the old girl up today. The rifle looks great and the bore is fantastic. The upper hand guard probably isn't original to this rifle which is fine by me. I think it looks kinda cool. That's what I love about buying milsurp. They are all their own. I can't wait to send some down range. Here are some pics. Let me k iw what yall think.
6ba408d0d7a941f24ce5918ef807f948.jpg
e7169a29df2def28f5cb50cfbe94fbe3.jpg
5a3ec0feee3ad4a0717c715f20cc8469.jpg
lk-cdn.com/15/12/15/a0583eeb45730b2f8024fa392a3783db.jpg[/IMG]

Back