Wood Stock for my Savage Mark II FV .22LR

tex45acp

I have looked in all the usual places and am unable to find a wood stock. Anyone know where I might find one? I went to the Boyd's site but just am not sure I want to spend that kind of money. This one has the bull/varmint barrel.

Don't rule out a standard stock and channel it out.

I have looked in all the usual places and am unable to find a wood stock.
I always hate to assume like this and looks like you currently have a synthetic/resin stock. I have done a few upgrades to a variety of wooden stocks. Might I suggest that you contact Savage and see if they will sell you a low-end wood stock. Most of my stocks come from Boyds. To give you more option, you can always take a standard barrel stock and channel it our to fit the bull barrel. It's worth the time to do so. Have you tried looking on Ebay or GB? The last synthetic I upgraded, was a laminated thumb-hole for your model...... ;)

Be Safe !!!

Boyds are about as cheap as they get--if you can't afford that you may want to think about improving the stock you have. I know many have had great luck with Boyds--and I have bought lots of them for my rifles--but I've never had one that didn't need additional finishing/touchup of the inlets for a proper fit, and I pillar and bed them as well. With a bull/varmint barrel you'll likely need to at least work the foreend channel to get a free-float. I fitted a marlin 17 hmr with one of their thumbhole stocks and like it a lot. If you don't mind an ugly color (saves money)--you can get a spike camp which is nice and light but thick where it needs to be and is also one of their cheaper stocks. I hate bottom bolt releases, I would advise replacing the plastic trigger guard (if that's what the tupperstock has) with a metal one as that is a compression "weakness" in the plastic one.

Last edited:
Plastic stock ?????

I would advise replacing the plastic trigger guard (if that's what the tupperstock has) with a metal one as that is a compression "weakness" in the plastic one.
The OP has not responded as to what kind of stock, he currently has. I "strongly" suspect that it a synthetic black stock and the trigger guard is integral to the stock. .... :)

Boyd's are hard to beat.
Totally agree and great folks to work with .........;)

Be Safe !!!

I know you do not want Boyds , but this is my walnut AT- one stock on my Ruger.
ESMhRyCm.jpg

Looks like Boyd's is the way to go. I have never believed cheaper is better, though sometime it is depending on the situation. I was just wanting to see if there was a cheaper route to go. Thanks for all your replies!!

Back