Wondering clamp on a 12 guage

TheFisherman

Inactive
Greetings every one,
I put a mesa tactical clamp on my 870 tacti-cool. The one that holds the barrel and the magazine tube. The clamp wonders heavily if I put a few rounds through it. Is there some kind of friction tape or maybe a little blue lock tight I can put in there to keep it from being all over the joint?

Maybe some electrical tape would work as a shim?
This is actually why I prefer the factory Remington clamp and extension. The extension has a groove in it that the clamp's screw goes through. So even if extension looses slightly from firing, it and the clamp stay exactly where they are.

I had the same issue with a choate clamp. I would up epoxying one side of it to the extension.

The next one I built I bought the stock Remington extension specifically to avoid that.

same

I shim mag tube clamps with a small piece of elec or black duct tape. Seems to work fine. If the gun gets soaking wet, you may want to disassemble, clean, and retape, could trap moisture for rust.

I have to ask, what is the clamp wondering?
:D

Now, if you have a wandering clamp (meaning it doesn't stay in place), the above mentioned solutions ought to work.

Thanks guys I tried a little electrical tape should do the trick. Thanks for the suggestions. Well thanks to every one but amp... jk jk freaking auto correct pretty silly mistake.

I silver solder a lug on the magazine tube in front of the clamp. That gives it a recoil shoulder to bear upon.

Solves the problem perfectly.

My biggest gripe with the spellcheckers is that if you misspell a word, but it is still a properly spelled word (but with a different meaning), the spell checkers don't catch it.

an /and, to/too/two, wandering/wondering, etc.

YEs, I was pulling your chain, a leetel....:D (the spellchecker caught that one, I just left it for example,);)

Back