Wondering about value of my CZ.

• Thread starter Thread starter PF
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

PF

Inactive
What I've got is a CZ-85 factory prototype that I bought from a gun writer friend of mine. I bought it about 3-4 years ago. Basically he told me that it was sent to him by the factory to be included in a test of .40 caliber autos he was planning on doing. It shoots quite well as some of the parts are probably hand made and it has a serial number of a00246x. According to him it's one of 4 or 6 made by CZ. Can anyone verify this and maybe even have an estimate of its value? Btw, the pistol is in new (perfect) condition.

This may also be important. It's stamped as a CZ-75 but it's chambered in .40 cal.

PF
- Not planning on selling, just wondering what I've lucked into.

You could have a CZ "Bren Ten" maybe (10mm cal) the precursor to all this 40 cal brouhaha perhaps?
It was a failure at the time...ironic.
Ammo availibility may be a dampner on value perhaps?

------------------
***Big Bunny***

Nope, not a Bren Ten anything. This came directly from CZ for a magazine comparison of .40 cal. auto pistol and was sold to me by FFL dealer who writes free-lance for the magazines.

I don't think that there are very many CZ collectors out there. To help with the value it would have helped if they numbered it like other companies do for prototype guns, like X0003, being an experimental or prototype gun third of the production. For the value to be more than any other .40 cal CZ you will need proof of your claims. This can be done by getting letters from the factory or CZ USA that state your pistol was one of 6 built as a factory test program. The documentation to support the claims is essential. Just as if I had a Walther PPK made in 1938 and said it belonged to Hitler. If I had papers to prove it, it would be much more than without. In collectables the paperwork is called 'provenance' (sp?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back