Wonder how Rob's doing at the academy

Futo Inu

Perhaps he's in a plebe lineup. "Don't you dare eye-f*** me, Boy!! Only steers and queers are from Tennessee. Which one are you? You don't have any horns, you worthless puke! Now drop and give me twenty..."

I've never been to an LEO academy, so I have no idea if this is accurate - I'm just drawing on my fraternity experience...

[This message has been edited by Futo Inu (edited August 16, 1999).]

:D ! Love it!!!

You know it just might be the other way around!

-------

LEO T.I. #1: "Jeez! Did you see how fast that Pincus plebe was shooting? And at close range he didn't even use the sights!"

LEO T.I. #2: "Yeah, and in the Defense Against Knife Attacks class he was teaching ME!"
-------

What I would like to watch is Rob in the Police and Public Relations course. :D

LEO: "Well, um, er, yes, Pincus what you did WAS effective... um, but we normally don't DO that to little old ladies just because they didn't get out of the car FAST enough."
-------------

Futo, you DO realize, of course, when Rob comes back and reads this stuff we're dead meat!

I've not heard from Rob since he left. He is missed.

Rumor has it that he has a very good hunger strike going with his class and that adoption of the Glock 18 is likely.
Rich

Hey Rich, maybe you can get a update from Rob's wife?

------------------
Tiro per divertimento, tiro per la sopravvivenza

Rob :"Mmmph.. These Jam filled frosted dougnuts are the best so far! - I've only had to taste test 3 dozen to find this out!"
"Now where's that can o' whipped cream Sarge?"...."By the Oreo box, you say?"
Well... by the end of training, Rob may not be the quickest LEO on duty but he'll be the cuddliest ! ;)

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/

Well, guys... I'm able to check in here for a few minutes... I have missed my daily participation here and appreciate that some of you have taken the time to wonder what I've been up to:

Not Much.

ooops....

I mean I am learning quite a lot. ;)

I am all settled in in Fredericksburg, VA at the Academy and things are going well. The Academy is.. informal, to say the least. Most of the other students are from rural sheriff's Departments from this region. They are really good people for the most part.
A few other Prior Mil guys, but hardly any LE experience in the group.

no, I haven't had any donuts. :)

Yes, I have (already) had to clarify some things in regards to firearms, right to carry and righteous use of force.

My roomate is a semi-liberal, admittedly scared of guns, "quiet" guy. The evening converstations have been ... interesting. I have provided him with the appropriate texts (The Tactical Pistol, That Every Man be Armed, Kill or be Killed, Real-World Survival and More Guns Less Crime) and I am awaiting his change of heart/mind. :)
Actually he is a good guy, very intelligent, but has no background in firearms... he will be converted.

More later---

------------------
-Essayons

Rob,

I'm not kidding about the point shooting topic. Surely the Academy has had (or will have) some close, fast shooting. I can't wait to hear how they react when you tell 'em you could file the sights off your gun and still get higher scores than they expect.

It's rather "interesting" ( ;)) pondering on how you and your room-mate evaluate each other and your differing opinions, experience, and knowledge.

Hmm. Don't want to get mushy, but it's been kinda quiet here since you left. Hope you can drop in more often.

When are you scheduled to return full-time to The Firing Line where you belong?

(I'll wait 'till you return before we barrage you with doughnut jokes. ;) )

[This message has been edited by Dennis (edited August 11, 1999).]

Oh no, Dennis, he's here - Lurking!

I like your postive attitude, Rob: "He will be converted". Good Job. Maybe you should do a point-shooting demo for the guys with a real challenge: sights filed off, bore purposely obstructed, bowling ball hung from neck, blindfolded (acquire targets with sixth sense - makes filing off of sights unnecessary), strong hand in a sling, DAO Smith auto, multiple moving targets.... I have faith - you can do it!

Oh yeah, and ditto on come back soon.

[This message has been edited by Futo Inu (edited August 16, 1999).]

"Most of the other students are from rural sheriff's Departments from this region. They are really good people for the most part.
A few other Prior Mil guys, but hardly any LE experience in the group."

I'm confused. Doesnt the sheriffs department qualify as LE experience?

RPM,

Rich is correct about what I meant. Out of 24 guys, only 2 have street experience beyond a couple months with an FTO at the department that recently hired them, or work in a jail.

________

As to the Point shooting issue:

It will most likely not be brought up at the academy. I am firmly biting my tounge on this one. AFTER I have my instructor certs from VA DCJS, that is a different story. Of course, if they want to watch me closely, well....
I did bring two pistols that don't have sights....... ;)

------------------
-Essayons

Back