wolfe springs

Buy the flat Wolff springs.... put em in everything you got... don't give em another thought. I've never broken one. :)

Last edited:
Zworld, the springs that come in the revolvers are fine and can be "tuned" which means they will last a very long time (some for the life of the gun). The after market spring companies are selling "tuned" springs. I personally like the fast/crisp feel that the flat springs give versus the spongy low feedback information that the wire type springs give.
For instance, the bolt spring in all my revolvers exerts between 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 lbs of pressure instead of maybe 5-8 lbs. These are all flat springs, not wires ( in fact, i put tuned flats in my El Patron Competition. What a sweet gun!!!). They all have factory main springs but have 4 -5 lb hammer pull (even the Remies!!) I'm not against businesses (holy cow! I got my own!!) but don't be too quick to give up on the springs that these things ran on back in the day!
You have a replica in all respects, that includes the action and "feel" they had as well.

45 Dragoon
www.goonsgunworks.com

Last edited:
Back