Wolf springs in Pro Mag magazines?

Tall Man

I'm curious to know who here has used Wolf magazine springs to improve the feeding performance of their Pro Mag magazines.

Specifically, I've got a Pro Mag 15 round magazine for my Glock 19. It is fully metal lined and "reasonably" drop free. Having just received it, it's not yet been tested on the range (the limit of it's intended usage; not intended for CCW duties.) I don't want to attempt to disassemble the magazine to install a new spring if:
1. It is not designed to be disassembled and/or reassembled; or
2. TFL members advise me against the use of Wolf magazine springs in aftermarket magazines.

I saw Wolf Springs at a gun show recently. Relative to the offerings for Glock magazines, these springs were advertised as "+10% pressure", and were NOT intended for use in 10 round magazines.

Thanks for your help.

Tall Man

I put the 110% in the Pro-Mags for my Sig and I think they are too strong. The next batch that I bought are the regular pressure and they work just fine. They are much stronger than the standard Pro-Mag springs.

How are the pro mags working in your sig and which model do you have?
I am done with meg gar and looking for a new brand for my 220.

I have four USA brand magazines for my P226 that have been totally reliable. My results seem to be the exception, based on the popular opinions of others on TFL.

Test first, fix second.

You might find that the mags work perfectly as purchased.

If I had problems, I'd replace the followers before I'd worry about the springs.

I have a Sig 229 in 9mm and the Pro-Mags work just fine. I use them for range work as I would hate to loose a $100.00 factory mag.

I bought a Pro Mag for my BHP 9mm. In stock form it was unreliable. I replaced the spring with a Wolff and reliability has been 100% since.

I love them!

I have an odd assortment of cheap generic BHP mags: Pro-mags, possible USA, whatever else I see in the twelve-dollar range at the shows... It is really amazing how weak the springs are in no-name magazines! I replaced them with Wolff +10% springs and all my cheap mags functioned flawlessly in the thousands of rounds that I fired through them at the range.

I have found Wolff springs to work quite well in ProMag 13 & 15 round mags for my SIG 228 & 226. Though the ProMags worked fine, the springs were wimpy, so the Wolff's definitely add to the reliability & useful life of teh magazines. M2

Back