wolf hunts in MT, ID, and WY.

tahunua001

Hello all,
long story short, I am in the process of writing a paper on wolf hunting/recovery in the northwest. I am currently looking for different avenues of research in the regard and I was thinking it might be interesting to see a visual representation of the animals that are being hunted and harvested. this would only be as a vague set of references, your pictures would not be posted up on the wall of some college campus somewhere. simply what I'm asking for are pictures of successful wolf hunts, an estimated date, and the general location it was taken. for the purpose of validity, please only post pics of your own hunts, we've all seen the wolf and coyote suspended from the same branch picture and it's always taken in a different state ;)

No real info here on what you need, just a little whimsy that stuck in my brain. Visiting Cody Wy. a few years ago, I thought it was interesting seeing references to Wolves on bumper stickers and such. I don't remember them all, but the "Shoot and release" program struck me as innovative. There were some references to bullets as well, but don't remember them all.
I love that area....well at least in the summer.

Just remember...
It's not "recovery". They're the wrong wolves.

That's one of the biggest reasons for the widespread hatred, and the mentality of "SSS" (Shoot Shovel and Shut up) or "Shoot and release."

One of my neighbors took a wolf (legally) a few years ago, I'll ask him about it if I see him (he's been on an extended vacation out of state).

That's one of the biggest reasons for the widespread hatred, and the mentality of "SSS" (Shoot Shovel and Shut up) or "Shoot and release."

Not really. The major reason is the "Little Red Riding Hood" syndrome. Folks afraid having the big bad wolf around is going to make it harder for them to shoot a deer/elk and take a basket of venison home to grandma. Most folks with a hatred towards wolves don't have a clue about the sub-species, just as most opponents to the sub-species don't know, that the wolves, because of their protection in the lower 48 under the endangered species act, were already migrating south from Canada and would have eventually reintroduced themselves. This would have resulted in the exact same sub-species ending up in the Northwest. The mentality of SSS or "Shoot and Release" is one of a poacher/violator. With legal hunting seasons in effect now in the Northwest, poaching wolves is just that......poaching by criminals.

I find it interesting that 19 subspecies of wolves were reclassified as geographically isolated specimens of other species still in existence the same year that wolves were introduced into yellowstone. by interesting I mean suspicious and underhanded but unfortunately I'm supposed to remain unbiased in this project so I will say no more in that regard.

with that said, this is really not serving the intended purpose of this thread. this is not a "smoke a pack a day" type thread or a place to gripe about wolves killing cattle, just looking for visual representations of wolves currently being hunted.

tahunua, I'm still keeping an eye out for my neighbor.

---

Buck...
-You live in Wisconsin. I live in Idaho. I'm fairly certain I have a better grasp on what's happening out here, than you do. Just as I'm fairly certain you have a better grasp on what's happening in Cheesetown, than I do.

-Yes, it is poaching. I did not say that it was anything else.

Back