Wolf 9mm ammo and two Glock 17s

Status
Not open for further replies.

JNewhouse

I went AZ last weekend and did some shooting with a friend of mine. We both own Glock 17s with fixed sights. I didn't load any 9mm to shoot, so I used some of the Wolf ammo that he had brought with him.
I normally don't like to use it because I have a suspicion that the steel cases will cause some wear to my Glock. But I thought that 20 or 30 rounds wouldn't be a big deal. We both loaded our Glocks out of the same box of 50.
I tried to shoot this wooden box that was on the ground about 40ft away. I aimed and fired and watched a cloud of dust kick up about halfway to the target on the GROUND! It might have been lower than the ground. We were shooting acoss a small ditch. My shots kept hitting the side of the ditch well below my point of aim.
I then watched Chad shoot his Glock and it was right on target. We shot a little more to confirm all of this because I couldn't believe it. I changed my point of aim to about 2 feet above the box and I started to hit it.
I know that my sights are fine. I shoot all of my reloads just fine. The sights were askew or loose or anything. It was just a strange experience.
It got me to thinking that I had better practice with the Hydra-Shoks that I load for defense. And maybe I had better make sure that they are all from the same lot numbers that I keep loaded in my gun.
I sure am glad that I didn't try to shoot through a chrono, or else I would have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back