Wolf .45 ACP ammo

K80Geoff

At the TFL PA shoot this weekend I had an interesting experience with Wolf brand ammo.

I had my S & W 625 and my Sig P220 (I call it "Mikey" because like the kid in the commercials, it eats everything I can load into the mags, even rounds that my other guns won't digest). I Loaded up some half moon clips for the 625 and drew a bead on my Osama Bin Laden target. When I squeezed the trigger for the second shot I heard a click, the third shot went off then two more clicks.

Pulling out the half moons I noticed that all the rounds had primer marks but the ones that didn't fire had a very shallow dent. Tried this a couple of more times and had Soda Pop shoot a bunch. Same thing , about half the rounds did not go off, but all primers had been struck.

I pulled out some of the offending rounds and loaded them in "Mikey" and they fired without problems.

Some of the rounds in the 625 took two hits before discharging.

I have used Wolf in my Hi Power and Makarov with no problems, except the smell and dirty residue.

Funny thing , the rounds that the 625 did fire had very deep dents from the firing pin, but the unfired rounds had shallow dents.

Soda Pop thinks the primers must be very hard to have this happen.

I have never had problems with any ammo in the 625, it even has shot rounds that jammed in my 1911! I fired up most of the 1000 rounds of American ammo that would not work in my 1911 or G30 and the 625 had no problem with them. I find it strange that the 625 would fire some but not all of the Wolf rounds, and some of them on the second try.

I guess "Mikey" will get to eat the rest of the Wolf. After that no more russian Ammo!

Geoff Ross

sound like the strain screw is coming loose, making some ammunitions more difficult to ignite. Take the grips off, tighten the screw and your problem will be solved.

Robert

Don`t you remember the last time at W&W?

The one guy left unfired Wolf on the ground at the pistol range. The .45 must have hard primers. The 9mm sucks but it goes bang all the time.

The gun just came back from the 'smith, everything is tight. I do not think I have put more than 500 rounds through the gun since I got it.

I am beginning to believe that the Wolf primers are extra hard. Not to mention the lead build up and powder residue!

Dinosaur

At the last meet I ws shooting rifles and not handguns, didn't pay attention to the Pistol shooters. :o

Oh well!

Geoff Ross

Back