wnchester 1911

psychopuppy1

I did a quik search, and didnt find much info on the 1911, other than its called the widow maker! I just aquired one, and it needs a new barrel, does anyone have a clue where I can find one? I would like new, but if used is all I can find, then so be it!

THX!

Are you talking about a Winchester 1911 pistol?...or a Winchester Model 11 shotgun? Because you posted this thread in The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum.

Winchester only made one 1911 pistol but they did make a bunch of crappy 1911 shotguns. I wouldn't fool with it. They didn't call it a widow maker for nothing. That said I doubt you'll find any parts for it. There is no cocking handle. You cock it by pulling back on the barrel. The springs are extra stiff and a lot of people tended to put the butt on the ground and lean over the barrel to cock it with body weight. Add to that the guns propensity to go off by itself and there you have it.

Should you decide to put a barrel on your gun, please bear in mind that the gun is NOT designed for modern heavy loads, trap loads only! Heavy loads will stress the parts, causing doubling and broken parts. Parts are scarce, too. GW

yup, the shotgun! Thanks for the replys! Sorry for the delay on getting back here, work just gets in the way of all my fun!
Yeah, I'm aware of the reputation of the shotgun!
Thanks for the link!

My next question is,"How the heck did you do that?"
I put in "winchester 1911 shotgun" and it told me there where no matches. Was I not specific enough?

Back