! WLM !, your M1 Carbine problem.

El Rojo

Sorry, I didn't see an e-mail address for you. Concerning your metal handguard sticking up on that M1 Carbine. The problem is those metal handguards. They are all way to high and they are warped. I suggest getting a wooden guard that should easily fix that problem. The other way I fixed that problem was to buy a scope mount for my "shooter" M1 Carbine (that is if I owned an M1 Carbine, let alone two) and stick a BSA red dot sight on it. That is a lot of fun let me tell you. Not a problem at all getting a sight picture now.

So that is managable. Just get a wood handguard for $7-10 at the next gun show that matches the stock, it should fix that problem. If you are real adventurous, get the red dot sight and then you will have zero problem.

Good luck.

El Rojo,
Thanks for the advice. (I've also added my e-mail address to my profile.)
I've decided to go ahead and purchase the M1 Carbine. It's actually a remanufactured rifle by IMI. It has a beautiful walnut stock, maybe the best I've seen on a regular "using" rifle. So far, I've received about five e-mails from guys with M1 Carbines who say the same thing."The edge of the metal guard is in the sight picture".
I have a Bushmaster AR and a nice Marlin .22, however my collection is a little light on rifles. I was considering a regular M1, but when I saw the Carbine it was love at first sight.

Thanks again,
Will

------------------
Mendacity is the system we live in.

WLM

just a heads up I understand on some of the IMI carbines they use their own barrels and the chambers are tighter than Mil.spec and if you reload sometimes there is a feed problem it only takes a little honeing to open it up best done by a smith to polish the chamber... <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WLM:
El Rojo,
Thanks for the advice. (I've also added my e-mail address to my profile.)
I've decided to go ahead and purchase the M1 Carbine. It's actually a remanufactured rifle by IMI. It has a beautiful walnut stock, maybe the best I've seen on a regular "using" rifle. So far, I've received about five e-mails from guys with M1 Carbines who say the same thing."The edge of the metal guard is in the sight picture".
I have a Bushmaster AR and a nice Marlin .22, however my collection is a little light on rifles. I was considering a regular M1, but when I saw the Carbine it was love at first sight.

Thanks again,
Will

[/quote]

Back