Wives: Got to love them

kraigwy

Fed Ex just dropped off the last of my maps. I'm hunting WY Area 1 for Elk, rather small area not far from the house but lots of critters.

Any, now I got 1:24000 maps to cover every inch of it. Good compasses and protractors with 1:24000 scales. Good GPS set up to match the maps, plus has the private and public lands all marked out.

My wife eyeballs my land nav gear, shakes her head and says "you're gonna get lost for sure".

I've managed to get lost a couple of times when I didn't have my trusty compass. And a couple of times when I did have my compass, I was tempted to get lost. By that I mean that when I looked at the compass, in the dark and using my flashlight, and saw which was East, my brain kept saying that "it can't be in that direction". What it it, I wonder, that makes me or anyone not want to believe the compass? For the record, I reluctantly followed the compass out to the truck.

Taught Louann to use the compas a few years ago......it's been both a boon and a bust at times.

On average a plus............but when it goes wrong I eat crow..........

Captain Stuart, surly an outdoorsman of your stature knows of what Daniel Boone once said: "I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks."

I myself constantly fall back on that when trudging back from my duck blind or deer stand with th girlfriend in tow.

I'm an Eagle Scout, we can't get lost.

Of course you gotta love your wife, isn't that part of the deal? In sickness and in health and whatnot, even when that sickness makes them all boogery and cough all the time too!

Back