Winchester SX4

That is my thought as well. According to Winchester, it is lighter, faster (find that hard to believe), has less felt recoil, and is easier to aim. All I know for sure is, I want one. :D

The internals are the same as the sx3. The differences between models is cosmetic. I've got a couple of sx2''s and an sx3 sporting and have been very happy with them. I'll probably get a 4 too but I'm not expecting any big difference in performance or functionality.

I recently went in search of a new shotgun for upland, dove, quail, turkey, and pretty much anything I had time to hunt. Last year I read up on the newly released Remington V3. I was ready to plunk down my money but couldn't find one local. Just about the time they showed in Washington State and I got around to holding one Winchester came out with the SX4. Intrigued I decided to try to find one. The more I read the more I thought this might be my replacement for my current Beretta AL391 Urika II. The Beretta was just to heavy to carry all day in the field. Besides, I didn't like the safety at the front of the trigger guard as I had shot my Remington's or O/U's with safety on top. Weight was a big issue with me. New Remington V3 is coming in a 7lb 2 oz and the newer SX4 in 3 in version is at 6lb 12oz. Couldn't find a SX4 but once I got to the gun shop I was able to compare an SX3 to the V3. V3 while nice, just felt a bit clunky with a slightly wider receiver. The newer SX4 was supposed to be even slimmer than the SX3. Ok, to finish this I went out and found a place online in the Midwest and order the SX4.
The gun came in late and we were headed to a reserve to hunt pheasants. Didn't even get to shoot it before hunting with it. I can tell you I am now in love with it. Hunted with the modified coke but probably could have use Imorived Cylinder. That morning we took several limits. Shot or assisted on 8 of the 12 birds we took that afternoon. Every bird after I shot immediately folded. 5 of the birds I shot solely with a single round for each except 1 took 2 shots. Light weight, carrys great, easy recoil shooting Franchi #5 Golden 2 3/4 Pheasant loads. Price point is right there with the V3 in the mid 600- low 700 dollar range depending on where purchased. I found a great deal and actually paid 618.00 for mine. Hope this helps.

From what I have found out so far, I believe they actually did improve the SX4 for a hunting shotgun. I think they kind of un-improved it for a sporting clays gun. It is an impressive shotgun.

Back