Winchester SuperX Quality

Joseph

I found an special price on Winchester SuperX .380 at Cole Distributing for 1050 rnds at $139.95, only catch being it is in sealed SEALED 30 caliber ammo cans. They say there "may be" some discoloration on the brass due to it touching the paper on the individual boxes. It is 1991 manufactured ammo and it is brass,boxer and non-corrosive.

Any warnings on SuperX or the conditions of the sale.

Thanks for the usual great comments.
http://www.cole-distributing.com/specials.html

Roon

SuperX was some of my most flavorite ammo in years past. There doesn't seem to be much around any more. I remember the old yellow boxes and shot plenty of it in 45 Auto, 30'06, 375 H&H Magnum, 458 Win Magnum. Oh, and my Ciener conversion for the 45 likes 22 LR SuperX the best, too. I would buy it in a heartbeat. :)

------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel! BigG
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1785

I put some Winchester Silver tips through newspaper last year. They were fired from a 41 Magnum. The jackets stripped before they got past the headlines. There was poor penetration, the largest piece of bullet that was recovered was the size of pencil lead. A poor quality bullet.

Robert

Uhh, Robert, was that newspaper wet or dry? Dry newsprint is nothing close to a tissue simulant, as it stops even a zippy hardcast .30 carbine bullet in only 11 inches or so, with a significant percentage of the bullet scrubbed away.

Joseph:

I've found Win Super-X to be the benchmark of consistent quality and accuracy, in all calibers. Their .22 hi-vel solids shoot tighter groups in my rifles than R******* yellow box Target ammo.

Last box of Winchester .40 I tested was more accurate than any factory load I've ever encountered. Mis-reported it elsewhere as 2.625, 5-round group at 25 yards sandbagged--it was really 2.375. No discounting "flyers" either.

I'd be perfectly comfortable with the purchase as you have described it.

Cheapo,

Paper was wet. The 41 Mag may just be too hot for these bullets. I am now working on some new loads for my .45 acp and found a store that carries the bullets only. For $12 a box of 100, may give these Winchesters another shot.

Robert

Back