winchester super shadow 270wsm

Chaos11jk

Inactive
Hello all,

I recently purchased a used Winchester 270wsm and had a few questions that i have been unable to find answer for, i was wondering how to adjust the trigger on the rifle, i have found links on the net but they lead me to a site that has been shut down or removed, and also i am having trouble finding an aftermarket stock to fit it since it has no bottom metal. Any help is appreciated.

thanks

Aftermarket stocks on this model will not be as common. I think Boyds may make a laminated stock for it. I know McMillan does, but you may not want to spend $500-$600 on a stock for it.

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/Searc...sic&show=12&page=1&brand=WINCHESTER 70 SA NFP

http://mcmfamily.com/mcmillan-stocks-hunting-stock-list.php?subnav=branch2h#wclassic

You could convert it to a floorplate rifle by buying a triggerguard and floorplate then you'd have more options for a stock, but that gets expensive as well. Truth is you are better off using it as is, or selling/trading for what you want. Trust me it will be less expensive.

I've done a few Winchesters, but would advise you to pay a gunsmith to do the trigger. If you mess up you can create a dangerous situation.

Alright thanks, I got the gun for around 300 with a good scope, it shoots .5 moa with winchester silver tips so would perfer to keep it. I feel it is a good rifle as it sits just the trigger is a lil stiff and the stock is like any other synthetic stock that comes on a rifle from factory so was just wandering of my options there. I have never had a gun sent to a gunsmith could anyone give me a round about price for trigger work?

Thanks for the information

If it is shooting .5" groups I wouldn't touch a thing. Despite internet grumblings most of the cheap plastic stocks shoot just fine. I prefer the McMillan Edge stocks on my rifles mainly because they are about 1/2-1 full pound lighter than factory stocks. I just like the looks, feel and balance, but I've never seen any of my guns shoot any more accurately after changing. I'm not going to spend $500 on a stock until AFTER the gun has proven it is a very accurate rifle.

A trigger job could vary between $25-$50. If all they do is turn a few nuts and screws and adjust the weight and overtravel it should be closer to $25. If they take it apart and polish parts it will be more.

thanks for the help and info, if anything, down the road ill switch it to one of the boyds and have the gunsmith bed it....

Back