Winchester Safety Sucks. Help!

Moe

The 1300 turky gun I just bought is everything I am looking for. However... The Safety position sucks. Badly. I cannot reach it with my trigger finger when my hand is in the correct shooting position. I have to reposition my right hand after I remove the safety to get a shot off. Does anyone make a replacement trigger assy./safety. Or would a combat style pistol grip/shoulder stock (like an ar15) be the answer? Or sell the gun and start over. What would you do?

Please help
Any advice is useful

Moe

I guess I picked the 1300 because I like the safety better than the 870 style [I think tang safeties are the best but didn't want a mossberg].

What I do with the 1300 is position my right hand to work the safety, and push it to fire as I mount the gun, then I start pulling the butt tight into my shoulder with the right hand and let it slide just a little on the pistol grip [the normal semi pistol grip].

Sounds more complicated and slow than it is. But my gun is set up for slugs & buck and I don't have any trouble getting the gun ready in a hurry...but I have practiced, dry fire and presentation, a lot with it.

What type of safety are you used to?
If you practice with it say two or three times a week [dry fire that is you don't need ammo] for 4 to 6 weeks and it is still not smooth then I would say sell/trade it for another.

Back