Winchester Model 94 Scope Base

ShaulWolf

So I've got a Winchester Model 94 Angle Eject that dad gave me, and I'm trying to figure out how to mount a scope onto it. Dad already had a pair of see thru scope rings on it, but I want something that's a little lower to the receiver and doesn't require as much elevation adjustment since the scope is sitting so high from the bore.

I see a one piece scope base offered by Weaver, but it requires the use of proprietary scope rings to go with it and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

There's also the Redfield 2 piece scope base that allows for Weaver style scope rings, so I'm not limited to one specific set of rings.

My questions are:
-Has anyone used either of these things?
-How well did it work out?
-How difficult was installing it?
-Are there any other options?

The mount and rings pictured are clones to the Redfield system and would last as long as your 94, I guess I do not understand your reluctance. I personally would not scope a 94 but that is the " old guy" coming out in me.

I am another old guy I guess at 51 and ther aint no way I am gonna put a scope on one of my 94s not even if I had a vintage side mount. they simply do not need em.

Do yourself a favor and see how much clearance you actually have when ejecting a shell. Depending on the model if you drop the scope down to much you won't be able to eject it.

Do you have a picture of the current setup?

The Redfield bases will work just fine and Weaver also makes a set of bases that will fit your rifle. I mounted a scope on my friend's '94 AE using Weaver bases and Burris rings, while the rifle functioned perfectly, his groups were almost the same as those with the William's aperture sights. He removed the scope and reinstalled the aperture sights.

Some areas I hunt have antler restrictions, so it's easier to count antlers with some magnification than with irons on longer shots. I can dial down the magnification enough to get quick shots off in brush as well.

Good call on the ejection clearance. I'll double check how low I can drop the scope before running into issues and get a few photos of the current setup.

I'm leaving towards the Redfield base for the ability to swap out the rings more easily if I wanted/had to for any reason.

I lost count of how many scopes I have mounted on angle eject 94 Winchester rifles. I have mounted 40mm scopes so low that they barely cleared an index card and the brass has come nowhere close to hitting the tube on eject.

I went with the Weaver two piece bases on my M94AE Trapper 357 mag. They look very similar to the Redfield bases and may be made by the same manufacturer. No problems with ejecting cases from the gun. I went with a Bushnell Banner 1.75-4X32 scope and it works good for 100 yards or less. I put a hammer extension on it as with the scope it makes it easier to cock the hammer. When your eyes start to go out the window optics are your friend.
Cary

Back