Winchester Model 94 front sight adjustment?

DavidB2

My newly purchased model 94 (vintage 1970's is shooting about 1-2 inches right with both Remington 150 grain core lokt and Federal 150 grain soft points. The Remington rounds definitely pattern better; but still shoots to the right. Is it possible to adjust the windage on the front sight? I don't want to move it and then not be able to get the sight hood back on. Also, would shooting Winchester 150 grain power points be a better ammo choice. Remington seems more available in most local sporting good stores and Walmart. Thanks for any suggestions.

I believe the way to adjust the windage is to drift the rear sight. In your case you want to drift it to the left.

Both front & rear sights are drift adjustable for windage in their dovetails, most of us tap the rear sight one way or the other to correct for it.
Make sure you know which way to tap whichever one you do, they're opposite.

Would Winchester 150 Power Points be a better choice for what?
The Remington has a decent rep on deer, if that's what you're looking for.
Denis

Rear sight moves in the direction you want the bullet to move. Front sight is opposite. If you're hitting right you move the rear sight left and the front sight would move right. Most just move the rear sight. I don't like the looks of a front sight that's not centered.

FWIW - Before drifting any sight, I would strongly advise applying a small piece of yellow masking tape immediately in front or rear of the sight/dovetail, and mark the current/starting position with a lead pencil mark (on the tape), so you'll readily see exactly how far the sight's been moved.

Rear sight successfully adjusted

Adjusted the sights and the gun shot perfectly. Thanks for everyone's inputs.

Rear sight successfully adjusted

Adjusted the sights and the gun shot perfectly. Thanks for everyone's inputs.

Back