Winchester Model 94 "Antique" carbine

KBP75

I just bought a 1967 Winchester Model 94 " Antique" carbine(30-30) in almost new condition. Three rounds have been fired from this rifle total! Other than some very light wear off the butt stock finish, its as new. Here is what I know about this rifle- it was made in 1967, has a black metal butt plate, gold saddle ring, gold plate where you load the shell, decorative design on both sides of the case hardened receiver and has a light colored stock. Does it have any extra value over other 1967 Model 94s? What was the reason for making these rifles? Any information you have will be news to me! Thanks! Ken

Help! 50 people have viewed my first post and nobody ever heard of a Winchester Model 94 "Antique" carbine? Wow, it must be very rare or not worth talking about! Maybe someone can give me a web address that can give me some information about the rifle?:confused: Anybody? Thanks! Ken

The Model 94 Antique Carbine was a decorated post-64 Winchester 94 standard carbine, made from 1964 through 1983 to appeal to customer desirous of older styled rifles, IOW rifle that were different than the standard line w/o going through the Custom Shop - but also didn't want one of the commemoratives.

They were factory prepped for a receiver peep sight (D&T) on the left rear receiver wall, and had the post-64 stamped internal parts until Winchester's general Model 94 changes of 1971, when a cast lifter replaced the stamped post-64 unit.

As noted, the loading gate & saddle ring are gold-plated, as was the trigger, IIRC.

Take extreme care of the receiver finish, for should it wear (off), the receiver cannot be reblued or recolored, since AFAIK it is made of sintered steel.
The barrel carries normal bluing.

They carry a little more value than a standard Model 94 carbine in like condition, for the eye appeal to some prospective purchasers.

I recently sold one I had, online, for $300.

Thanks for the info! I guess I'm not going to get rich if I sell it and I'm not sure if it qualifies as a collectable. First things first, I have to find a rear sight for the rifle. It came with a cheap handgun scope mounted to where the rear sight was originally! I guess I am lucky that the first owner didn't have holes drilled in the side of the receiver for a scope and the rifle is in like new condition.(both wood and metal) Thanks! Ken

Back in the 'old' days the pre 1964 Winchesters were considered the more desirable. I'm not sure about post '64 models and what they might be bringing in the gun market. Hope the rifle shoots well for you.

Back