Winchester model 94-32WS. Value

Garye5007

Hi! I inherited a Winchester Model 94-32WS (serial number 1348647 I think that would make it made in the mid 1940’s) in what seems to be in pretty good shape. Probably not shot much. factory bluing I believe. I would like to sell it and I need to find out how much it likely would be worth. Thank you for any response!

A good way to check such things is to go to Gunbroker, Advanced Search, Completed Auctions. Don't look at asking prices, see what they actually sold for. In many cases, prices are all over the map. But in this case, they seem to land on $800. Depends on condition, of course. Good luck.

Condition is everything. Pictures are needed, condition of bore, even then hard to give a good estimate without actually seeing the rifle. In very good condition I would estimate a little higher than $800, although 32’s bring a little less than 30 WCF (30-30). Maybe $1000 to $1400. And sell it yourself, don’t take it to a gun shop, gun show dealer or pawn shop, you will get 50% or less. I keep track of old Winchesters on GB regularly.

The drawback to using Gun Broker final sale prices as an accurate guide to what something is worth, is that it is an auction, and the final price can be inflated over the actual value of an item due to the "frenzy of bidding wars" and the bidder's willingness to pay more in order to "get it now".

Winchester essentially suspended production of civilian rifles during the "mid-1940s. (WWII years 42-45) and resumed after the war (46 on). This does not mean there were zero civilian rifles made during those years, only that there were very, very few.

A gun shop or gun show dealer won't give you full value if you are selling the gun, but some will give you an honest appraisal if you're not trying to sell it, to them.

Along with the physical condition, one of the factors affecting the price of old Winchesters is the "collector value". Exact date (year) of manufacture, specific model, and features, amount made, and "desirability" to collectors influences what they will pay.

Good, clear pictures go a LONG way. also being able to see all the markings on the rifle, help a lot.

I don't closely follow the market for old Winchesters, but considering how much everything costs today, $800 for a good one probably isn't too much.

Half a century ago, it would have been a $200 or possibly a $300 used rifle. Those days are far behind us now...

Thank you very much for the reply. I would likely bring it to a gun dealer so I can get it accurate appraisal and then see if I can find somebody to purchase it. Thanks again.

Back