Winchester Model 92

buckey

Anybody seen a new Winchester Model 92 Carbine in .44 Mag for sale? Seem to be darn hard to find in Mich and haven't had any luck with the big online places either.

Just my experience.
Owned a brand new pre button trapper in 44 mag once and found it to be the most inaccurate short barreled I ever owned. I shot 180 thru 265 gr. in hopes for a decent 100 yrd. grouping. Eventually I traded it for a 44 Red Hawk wo/rings. Still got the Red Hawk and I know that Trapper went down the road a second time on a trade-in for a push-button 94 standard carbine in 30-30. My co-worker was pleased with his decision and sweet new 30 wcf carbine.

I know I was wondering if he was looking for an older american made one or just had to have the winchester roll marks.

Not real sure how much this rifle will get used? The Grandson is 4 so it will be awhile and there is always the chance he might want something different. Would love to get him a Winchester but the a new Marlin might be better?

If he is four you have a little time. Keep searching Buds and they will turn up again. I have the gun you are talking about (New Japanese version) and it is a very nice rifle with no accuracy issues and top notch quality. Its worth waiting for one to become available in my opinion. I

Mike

Still looking, I'm starting to think that I'm watching to many Westerns. Takes me back to being a kid and sleeping with my Fanner 50 and lever gun each night, wish my grand kids could have a childhood like mine.

The Browning/ Miroku 92's are much easier to find and it's still a fine old American name, and name of the rifle's designer. Teach your grandson about firearms history.

Back