Winchester model 70 7mm SCOPE

scotty123

I recently purchased a model 70 7mm for a great price but the scope was garbage. I cant spend a ton of money on a scope, but definately cant use the one that it has on it because it loses zero after 3 shots. Any suggestions on mount, rings, scope for my new toy (without using my daughters Christmas money)!

How much are you wanting to spend

Without that information I am taking a stab in the dark but, here goes nothing. I just purchase a Redfield Revolution for my muzzleloader. I am very very pleased with the quality and clarity of this scope. I would think a little work on the internet and you could pick one up in a 3-9 variable for about 150 bucks. They are now owned by Leupold and made in the good old USA. Get a steel one piece base and Leupold PRW rings and you should be in business for under 300 buck total.

Too much

I'm trying to stay around 100 bucks. I did see a Nikon prostaff and am currently bidding on it on ebay. I have a BDC on my AK-47 and it is crystal clear but I want something that I can hit at 300 - 400 yards.

Haven't heard of that but, I think you may end up with the same problem that you are having with your current scope if you go too far towards the economy end. That 7mm is going to pack a wallop in terms of recoil.

Scotty, if you spend 69.99 for that scope, you'll be out $69.99 in a matter of about 3 shots. See my reply to your other post.

Weaver makes some excellant Fixed Power scopes at reasonable prices. Clear and Accurate. I put a Weaver 4X on my Model 70 Featherweight in 270 and it will shoot farther then I can. Weaver & Winchester just seem to go together.

Yiou put a $69 scope on a $800 rifle, you end up with a $69 rifle.

+2 for the weaver.

A pricier option is the nikon buckmaster. Mine tracks quite well and has pretty good glass.

Honestly I would be very very careful on the ebay optics. Many might be good to go, but people DO get hosed sometimes.

A rifle is only as good as it's sighting system. Why skimp on a scope for a rifle of the quality of the Model 70? A good scope is a lifetime investment. Get the very best you can afford and don't look back.

Bill

I found the Bushnell for 154 brand new w/free shipping on EBAY!!!

Be VERY careful buying new scopes on Ebay. There is a ton of cheap Chinese fakes being sold on there. Some are so close to the real thing that it takes an expert to spot the difference. Even the packaging looks legit. Frequenly, purchasers only find out they are fake when they break and are sent in to the real company for warranty work. There are some good legitimate dealers that sell on Ebay and I would want to stick with them even if they were a few bucks higher just to be sure I was getting the real deal.

Thanks I will check the serial number

I bought it from Fox Optics and I did not see any negative reviews, so we will see.

Scotty, I just looked at their Ebay site and then did a Google search on them and couldn't see anything negative. It certainly looks like they are a legit dealer and their prices seem fair. Good luck with your scope. It should give you what you need.

I had a 3200Elite 3-9x40 on a gun that I put together for trade fodder. I was really impressed with how clear it was.

Cool

Doyle, they already shipped it out so I should have it by next week. Looking forward to using it and I appreciate the research.

Back