Winchester Model 370 28 gauge- Price

Just curious what you guys would pay for this gun here. This is a friend's and he wants to sell it because its been collecting dust for years.

needs some work

IMG_20150207_103613_zpsa1vegeq5.jpg

Break open, single shot, 28ga...often a full choke...

They just aren't worth much../ especially if it needs much work / what's wrong with it, will it fire ?, how is it choked ?

I see scratches on the stock and what looks like a broken butt plate.

There's a few for sale with prices ranging from 169(12) to 400(28), all of which I think is a little high, especially if your friend's has the damage I think I see.

If it won't fire....the only reason to buy it - is for parts. Value might be $50...

But a break open ...single shot shotgun...has very little appeal in the market.../ you can buy a number of pump guns on the market, new, for under $ 200.../ and some really nice pump guns, even in a 28ga, for $ 500 - $ 600.
-----------
But the only reason I'd buy it for parts ...is if I had another identical model - and it needed some parts for repair ..../ a gun like this, that won't fire on top of it, has no value to me.

Last edited:
Reminds me of when my grandson was 8-9 years old (29 now) friend had a H&R 28 ga Topper youth gun he started shooting skeet with that singles but soon got to 18-19 and grew a little so he could shoot my 28 O/U but that was a great learning tool.

Back