Winchester model 12/25

mikenbarb

Im buying a Winchester model 12 and the previous owner said its a model 12/25 lightweight 1040ish and I cant find any info on that one. Can anyone help me identify this? Also I was wondering if this is still a gun to hunt with or not. Im not a heavy collector but have a few nice guns and I am thinking of bird hunting with this one. Its choked modified and has plain barrel. And is it worth it to have a rib put on this or leave it be? I dont have gun yet if numbers are needed but can post when I get it. Thanks, Mike

The Model 12 (1912-1980) was available in a Featherwieght grade.

The Winchester Model 25 was made from 1949 to 1954. It was a non-takedown version of the Model 12. Perhaps that is what it is.

If it's a Model 12 winchester, It would be a Model 12 Featherweight, which closely resembles the Winchester model 25. The Featherweight had an alloy guard and a different take down..JFC

Model 12/25

Did a little research and the year it was made is 1937. The only thing I can come up with is a featherweight. Would a ser# help with what model it is? I asked seller if it has the alloy triggerguard and will post when I know. Thanks, Mike

Model 12/25

I checked with seller and he said its a Winchester 12/25 solid frame. He said it may have been a limited edition or something like that. Does this sound rite?? I cant find a model 12/25 anywhere. I see a model 12 and a model 25 but nothing with the numbers combined.

Last edited:
Problem solved

Turns out the gun in question is a model 25 that he was trying to sell as a model 12 and then a 12/25 special edition or something like that. He said it was a mistake he made but after thinking about the numerous inquires i made to him it makes me wonder if it really was. Hmmm???:mad: This is why its hard for me to buy guns online. Its a shame and dont think I will ever again.

Back