Winchester mod 2200

siege

Inactive
I recently acquired a Winchester model 2200 shotgun. I can find no reference to this gun anywhere.The reciever says : Winchester Model 2200 Made in USA, 12 Ga 2 3/4 Chamber, Full. It looks a lot like a mod 1200. I would appriciate any info on this firearm, like when it was made, what it might be worth, and what other model's parts would interchange if I ever need to fix something on it. The butt stock has some minor damage, and I may want to replace it.
Thanks for any light you may be able to shed on this !

model 2200 owner

hey, kinda new to this forum but I think I can help you out with your model 2200. I bought mine in 1975 and have never liked another pump shotgun like it. Mine was even sold without a plug in it and in 1975 you couldn't have more than three rounds, one in the breech and two in the mag. So the shotgun was marketed pre 1975 as the three round rule was entered in 1975 in Canada. It was built in the States for the Canadian market. It is also known as the model 1200 in the U.S.A. I do believe the only differences is with the knurling on the stock. The only modification I did to mine was to put a recoile pad on the butt....huge difference especially when trap shooting. I have used mine on Canada Geese, ducks and upland game birds. I have never fired steel shot through mine and never plan to, so it has been a few years since I shot waterfowl. My barrel is still like brand new. Hope I was of some help.

Last edited:
I learn something new everyday if I'm lucky. I'd never heard of a 2200.

According to oldguns.net it was made by Winchester in Canada.
_________

Answer:
H. W. Cooey Company of Toronto, Canada started manufacturing firearms in 1919, after WWII they relocated to Cobourg, Ontario. In 1961 the Olin Corporation purchased Cooey and changed their name to Winchester Canada.

Winchester Canada manufactured several types of firearm including:

Single shot 22 rimfire rifle models Winchester Cooey 39, 75 and 750.
Bolt action 22 rimfire rifle models 600 Cooey, and 60 Winchester Cooey.
Autoloading 22 rimfire rifle models 64 Cooey and 490.
Slide action shotgun model 2200 Winchester Cooey (the Winchester Model 1200).
Autoloading shotgun model 2400 Winchester Cooey (the Winchester Model 1400).
Bolt action centerfire rifle model 710 (the Winchester Model 70).
About 1964, a number of model changes were made and some additions were made to the line. Relatively few firearms were made by Winchester of Canada and most of them were sold there, a few found their way to the USA and some were exported to the other countries, especially Australia and New Zealand. Marc

Back