Winchester Mag Tube

Tom B

How difficult is it to replace a mag tube on a pre 64 Winchester 94 and are any special tools needed? Thanks.

Easy.
Drift the pin(s) out of the barrel band(s), remove the screw from the end cap, watch the spring fly across the room. Pull out the tube, and the follower, if it didn't fly out with the spring. Installation is the reverse. Finding/ordering the tube? I ordered mine through the local gun shop. You may have to file notches for the pins in the new tube, use your old one for positioning.

I have ordered a tube from gunparts corp. I am not familiar with the "pins" that you refer. The two barrel bands (or what I call bands) are located just rear of the front sight and foreward on the forearm. Mine have screws. There is also a spacer between the barrel and tube at the front of each. When I loosen the bands will the mag tube just pull forward out of the front of the receiver? What about the spacer between it and the barrel? Must I remove the forestock? When your tube was ordered was it already blued when it arrived? My specs did not say and I ordered mine Email. Thanks.

Back