Winchester Factory Repair Service

Anthony

Hello Everyone,

I have an old Winchester 1300 Defender that has been riding around in the trunk of my car (legal in Texas) for the past nine years. It's been a faithful performer and I'd like to have the slightly warped synthetic stock replaced and get it cleaned up.

How reliable is Winchester's factory repair service?

Does anyone have any experience with them?

- Anthony

I used the USRA service department once for a pistol-grip 1300 whose trigger housing had shattered. USRA replaced the housing. Service may have been a little slow, but I was perfectly satisfied with it. However, I don't know if this is a typical experience.

[This message has been edited by jimmy (edited June 10, 1999).]

I had a Mod. 1400 that developed a strange habit of slamfiring. A buddy of mine was the first to experience this, hitting the bolt release to chamber a round resulted in a hole in the side of his pickup. Sent it in, they sent me a new one. good service, but they probably should have paid for the hole also.
Later I contacted them about parts (firing pin and spring) and getting some work done on an old Mod. 24, told me flat out they wouldn't touch it. However, this gun hasn't been made for about 40 years, and they said they had no parts, but would recommend a smith in my part of the country (turned out to be 400+ miles away from me) that could do high quality work.
bergie

Back