Winchester Defender Ghost ring sights?

Onslaught

You guessed it... I've got one, and I want Ghost ring night sights for it.

If I can't find them, I'm thinking about trading my Defender and it's accessories on a Mossburg 500 with factory GR sites.

Also, I'm a Leftie, and the Mossburg is the best of all shotgun safeties for those blessed as myself in this way... :)

So...Can I get em for my Winchester? If so, from where...

If not, what's a good price to sell a PREMIUM condition Winchester Defender 12Gauge, with Standard Stock, Choate Pistol Grip Stock, and Pachmayr Pistol Grip? Any quality loss by doing this? (I'm thinking not...)

Thanks for the help!!!!

Try Ashley, their sights have a great rep and there should be a set you can buy that will work. MMC gets mentioned too.

Any decent smith can mount a front ramp and bead of correct height and a Williams or Lyman peep. Remove the aperture, and Voila! A GR setup.

As for quality loss, I see none. Both the Mossy and the Defender are OK.

For future info...

MMC does indeed have sites that will work for the Winchester, as well as most all other brands. The drawback... their PRICEY! $99 for the rear site ALONE, $119 with tritium!

For the front site, there's a slip-on band option, with "wings", for about $59.95 with tritium, then there's the front blade site, silver solder type without wings for $27.95 with tritium. The hassle with that one is, you get a front site drilled for tritium, but not installed. You have the front site installed, then send the barrel back to MMC for the tritium installation. They'll do it at MMC for an additional $60.

IWI's PT night sites have a great option. Front and rear tritium, INSTALLED, for $100 if you choose the screw-on front site. There's an additional $60 charge if you opt for the silver solder one. If you don't want tritium on the rear site, it's only $85 installed. They even offer color options for the rear, if that's your thing. I will probably want blue rear sites, for a dimmer output of the rear tritium. I've hear that tritium rear sites on rifles and shotguns can affect your night vision because the lamp is so close to the eye.
PT Drawback? I don't know what kind of quality PT sites are.

Thanks for your help on this one!

[This message has been edited by Onslaught (edited November 02, 2000).]

Am I the only one who finds it a little bent that the sights cost more than the shotgun?

Especially when the $200 Mossberg Persuador comes with ghost ring( and bayo lug).

Still love the 1300 though :)

Battler.

Yes it's absurd...that's why I'm just sticking with rifle sights on the Remington 870 Police. For the extra $200.00 that GR sights cost I could buy another (used) 870! It's pretty sad when you have to choose between an 870PM without features that I want or a Mossy 590 WITH the features I want!

Sometimes Remington annoys me. If I didn't love 870s so much.....it's a love/hate relationship, but this much I can say: Remington doesn't always put the consumer first. They're getting a little PC for my blood.

Excuse me, but you get what you pay for. A lot of folks want New York steak, but have to settle for hamburger. That's the way it is.

I see people who drop $2000 into a $600 1911, but complain bitterly about spending $250 to improve their 870.

If you want to go cheap, that's fine, but expect cheap 'cause that's what you are going to get.

(All the above is MHO, of course)

Back