Winchester barrels interchangable?

winchester1300

I have a Winchester 1300 Ranger. If I get a Winchester 1300 Defender (8-Shot), can I switch the barrels?? Like putting the 28" on the Defender or the 18" on the Ranger? Thanks for your help!

If you purchase a replacement barrel, make sure you purchase it retail, and not directly from the factory. Here is my story:

1) I ordered a Model 1300 22" barrel. I told the SECRETARY I wanted a barrel with a smooth bore cylinder and rifle sights (Winchester does not have trained sales people to sell you their products).

2) I received a barrel with a rifled cylinder and rifle sights. The barrel couldn't even be mounted on my shotgun.

3) I called Winchester and was told that they don't make a barrel with a smooth bore cylinder and rifle sights. After arguing with their secretary, the secretary checked with someone who said that they do have such a barrel.

4) The secretary told me to send my barrel back to Winchester for replacement. I asked the secretary for her name, but she refused to give me her name.

5) I sent my barrel back to Winchester, and am still waiting for the replacement.

6) After a few weeks of waiting I sent a letter to Winchester. Still no response.

Get the point?

Sorry Winchester 1300, I re-read your post, and it looks like you are planning to get an additional shotgun rather than just the barrel. Every time I think about Winchester barrels I get pretty steamed.

I believe that the Defender and Ranger have different magazine lengths (8 capacity versus 4), and thus would not interchange barrels.

Back