Winchester 97 Riot Gun

Bushmaster1313

DSC_1915_zpserss1s5n.jpg

DSC_1914_zpsewqhkgnd.jpg

DSC_1910_zpsnhhgialc.jpg

DSC_1907_zps3x5m2si1.jpg

DSC_1897_zpsr7epqdv2.jpg

DSC_1902_zpsx9dioa2r.jpg

The boys on Iwo used these to great effect on the Japanese.

It's one shot stop power is excellent for trench warfare and jungle fighting.

I have on with an 18 inch barrel. Its a kick in the butt to shoot but you have to get use to it not having a disconnect.

I shot a lot of Skeet and Trap with a Rem 870 and got in the habit, as part of follow through, staying on the trigger and pumping the gun during recoil.

Don't work with the Model 97. I tried it in a 3-gun match and ran out of ammo half way through a stage, hitting each target two or three times before I could get my finger off the trigger.

Unloading that sucker is as much fun as shooting it. Just push the two buttons and all the ammo shoots out the bottom.

Oh yeah, love the "slamfire" capability on the old pump guns. I had an M12 Winchester (see screen name) and you could put seven in it and hold down that trigger and- BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM!!! the thing would literally climb like a machine gun with buckshot. Not so effective in most combat probably, but I could see it being devastating to trench if firing in enfilade or down into a cave on Iwo Jima or something.

Back